I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy Birthday, Larry

Today is my brother's birthday.  Larry is 13 months younger than I am so he's not far behind me in getting old.  When we were little kids, people thought we were twins.
He' been more productive in his life than I ever thought he would be.  As kids, we were nothing alike.  I guess that's not unusual for a brother and sister.  He's grown to be a human being!  A real person!  I don't know how it happened but I can't deny it.
He retired from the Air Force and then to work for the prison system in Florida.  Retired from there, too.
We've never been real close in our young adult years. He was always stationed to far-away places that I've never been.  Now, as we've gotten older, we've gotten closer and I like it.  I actually like him. 
He's a funny guy with a really dry sense of humor.  I love talking to him on the phone.  He keeps me smiling and laughing.
And smart, too.  He's come a long way from reading Old Yeller in high school. 
I'm so proud of him.  I don't think he knows it, though.
Happy Birthday, Larry.
You're quite a guy and I love you.
Oh, oh.  I just remembered that I didn't mail your birthday card.


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Since I haven't seen him in years, I forgot how much he looks like Grandpa! WOWZA.

My word verification is COMERE. No way.

Mom said...

Hmmmm! Jess thinks he looks like Diddy? I'm glad you did this. I am really ashamed as I let his day slip by until late last night. I guess with all going on I had one of those senior moments (or days)! I sure love reading all your BLOGS and always print them out for Diddy. Keep up the good work - even with a sore hand.