I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Monday, March 15, 2010

"Why are you here?"

A conversation I had with the Neurosurgeon's nurse this morning........at 8:10am!!!

Nurse:  "What can we do for you today?"

Me, ever so patiently:  "I don't know."

Nurse:  "Why did you come in?"

Me:  "They told me to come in today for a follow-up.  They set up the appointment in post-op last Wednesday."

Nurse:  "You had your surgery just last Wednesday?  That was just five days ago."

Me:  "I know.  That's why I stopped by the other day.  It didn't seem right to me, either.  The paper said: 'Nurse..Sutures.  Monday, March 15 at 8:10'.  Then underneath it it said, '10 days'.  I was confused myself.  Of course, I was still under the influence of anesthesia when they gave my husband this information so I didn't question it until I was more alert."

Nurse:  "There's no reason for you to be here today."

Me:  "I didn't think so, but I do what I'm told to do."

So I got up at 6:30 IN THE MORNING to drive downtown for an appointment that I didn't need to go do.  It's thoroughly thrown my day off.  Now I don't feel like doing anything.  My return appointment is for the 25th to have my sutures removed.  Hopefully!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate it when that happens! You'll just have to do it all over in 5 more days! Take care.

Beccalynn said...

Yikes! I'm so sorry that happened!

iamNoOne said...

It's not funny sometimes that we became the victim of other people's incompetence. We can do nothing but build on the patience.