I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Start your year off with 'True Grit'

Westerns have always been my favorite genre of films. I grew up in the age of 'Rawhide', 'Wagon Train', 'Have Gun, Will Travel', and 'Bonanza'.  I was in love with Clint Eastwood's 'Rowdy Yates' and Michael Landon's 'Little Joe'.

Back in 1969 a western was released that starred John Wayne and Glen Campbell.  It was a big success at the box offive if for no other reason than it starred John Wayne.  But let me tell you.  The 2010 version of 'True Grit' is a movie not to be missed.  If you haven't seen it, run and see it before it leaves the theaters.  It's an extremely funny and entertaining movie.  I know now that when it comes out on DVD or Pay Per View, I've got to make sure my dad sees it.  Mister and I saw it last night and we've both already said that we'd be willing to see it again.  And I've got to have the Sound Track CD!

There's no sex!  Only about 3 or 4 curse words but you'd expect that from a dirty ol' cowboy marshall.  They are appropriate for the characters and not spoken for the sake of adding vulgarity.  Of course, there's the expected shoot 'em up, cowboy violence.  This movie has stood the test of time.  Jeff Bridges is a wonderful Rooster Cogburn.  And Matt Damon is a very likable Texas Ranger LaBouef. 

5 comments:

Coffeypot said...

My grandson, Mater, and I went to see it yesterday (Judy and Bug went to see Tron) and I loved it. John Wayne's version was good for it's time, this one is great for our times. More real and I love the dialog. I recommend it to all who love cowboy movies.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Money's so tight, but we are going to rent this one when it comes out on DVD!

Annette said...

Seeing this movie is on our to do list Sunday! Happy New Year!!!

Angelia Sims said...

Oh that does look good!! Jason went and saw this already with two guy friends. I was in another part of town and went to see Chronicles of Narnia 3D by myself. It was wonderful! But I really want to see this too. Thanks for sharing the clip and your view.

Mom said...

I had NO desire to see the remake of this movie since I loved the original one. But after reading all the reviews on here I guess I will have to break down and go see it. I know Jerry won't go so just maybe I can find some one to go with me - since I never go alone. If not guess we will have to wait for the DVD also.