I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Happy Birthday, Weezer's Haven.

This marks the 4th birthday of Weezer's Haven. 

In September 2006 I decided to take my daughters' advice and start a blog.  She was having such positive results with hers and my other daughter had moved 3 hours away.  It seemed like a good way for everyone to stay in touch.
It was difficult at first.  Well, not just at first.  I often felt frustrated and not very artistic in what I posted.  It took me a long, long, LONG time to get where it just didn't matter if anyone read what I wrote or saw the photographs that I'd taken.  The blog was for me.  It was for me to keep in touch with my daughters.
Although on some level I still think that....that my blog is for me.  But I also do it for YOU.  You keep me posting, writing, photographing. 
It's a different world, this blogging thing.  As far as I can tell, it's different from the Face book thing or the Twitter Tweeter thing.  It must be since I see that there are so many who do all of it.
I have become a blogging addict.  I am often times here typing away when I should be doing other things.  But I'm happy to confess that I still get things done besides my posts to you.  Not always in a timely fashion, but things do get done.  After I get a post typed out.

Two of my daughters no longer post to their blogs but I continue.  It's my own little world that I can share with so many people that I've come to know and care about. 
Thank you for staying with me.  For sharing your life with me as I share my thoughts, dreams, and life with you.  All of you are special.

8 comments:

Coffee Slut said...

Congrats!!! It's been four years for me too ...here's to many more!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I love your photos! They're always so beautiful! My favorite part of your blog is when you share yourself through YOUR pictures.

Happy blog birthday!

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Happy Birthday Weezer's Haven!!! I love reading your blog. God bless, Lloyd

Maude Lynn said...

Happy Blog Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Weezer's Haven!!!

ShirleyC said...

Happy Bloggaversary! I'm glad I found you.

Annette said...

Happy bloggy birthday!! I truly enjoy reading your blog!!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Congrats!! You do have a wonderful blog!
kim