I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sensational Haiku Wednesday - Aging

Join the fun!


There's an old addage
That when I'm an old woman
I will wear purple.

Aging into old
My chin and neck are one
Purple days are here.

Old does not mean dead.
Older than I meant to be
At this time in life.

My mirror image
Says that aging's happening
Mom's face I see.

Slowing down, not me.
Catch me if you can, my friend.
Life is there to live.




11 comments:

Angelia Sims said...

'Life is there to be lived'

What a perfect ending and so true! :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow! got the spirit on this one, eh? Very nice Haiku!

Unknown said...

"Catch me if you can"

LOVE IT! A wonderful attitude to have!

Rose said...

life is wonderful enjoy it while you can at any age

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Yes, I see my Mother also. Life I guess.
kim

nomo wino daph said...

I might be the only person on earth who JUST discovered Haiku :)

Amanda Moore said...

I see my mom in the mirror as well but purple is not the color I'll be wearing ◕‿◕。

Mama Kayla said...

I love it! Such a beautiful Haiku!

Java said...

Love this!! I never heard this before....and you have a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng way to go miss!! There's no catching you!

((hugs))

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Great word! May we live life to the fullest!

Jenn @ Youknow...that Blog? said...

Agreed! Life is definitely there to live! Well said, well done!