I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Friday, June 25, 2010

An Open Letter

Dear C...... Cable Company,
Quite simply put ~ You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit in the wind, you don't pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger, and you don't mess with Weezer's computer access. And cable television. And telephone.

Really? 2 days without these things and I was very near craziness. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt when I called the first time to see if there was an outage in our area......you told me there was and that it would be up soon.  The second call some six hours later was, well, very unsatisfactory.  No area outage.  We'll have someone out there on Friday.....(what?  Friday?) to check it out.  This isn't a new problem.  How many people have to have their cable company's phone number on speed dial on their cell phone?  Temporarily interrupted service does not mean DAYS!  When you say that service will be restored momentarily, don't you mean EVENTUALLY!

I had to listen to Braves baseball on the radio, for heaven sakes. No Investigative Discovery channel. No Forensic Files. No CSI (Las Vegas, Miami, or Los Angeles) re-runs. There were crimes out there needing my assistance to be solved.

I was just getting my blogging engine back and cranked up and now I can't get to my blog.  It's criminal to deprive a home-body like me of the necessities.  I had dozens of blogging ideas and no way to record them.  What?  Use a pen and paper?  I don't even know where those things are in this house.

I could do without the telephone.  Granted, I had to call you on my cell phone which was acceptable.  But that stupid blinking red light, telling me that there was at least one voice mail requiring my attention, was calling..calling..calling to me.  And I couldn't get to it.

Good thing for you that you managed to get someone out here this afternoon.  I don't know how much more raving and ranting my husband could have listened to. 

What?  Hold please. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My question is, when the cable is out for 2 days, does your bill get reduced as well? It should.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

This is awful, to be without all the stuff, even the net.......So sorry, I lost electricity for 7 hours, and it was terrible
kim

Jessica said...

Gracious. I had no idea.....but then, how would I have known if you were incomunicado? =) Glad all is up and running again. I can't imagine.

Mom said...

Boy, I am very familiar with Cable programs. I called about ours and was told a man would come out and check the problem - 10 days later. Then was told things were ok but need to call the cable company as the "codes" have been changed. You don't know what problems are until your husband can't get the "western" channel.