I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Sunday blessing #7

Today in church John presented the second sermon in his "Simple Life" series.  I was so moved and motivated by the first sermon last week that I've spent more time with God this week than I usually do.  One of the points John was making was that we need to put God before anything else in our lives.  Even before our spouse and family.  As I was taking in what John was saying and merging it with my own thoughts, it occurred to me that I had done what John was saying we should do.  Put God first.
Recently I felt I needed to make a decision about church.  I was a long-time member at one church but attending another.  I was keeping my name on the AUMC member roster but not attending their services because I wasn't moved or excited about how the church has grown and the direction it has gone in. It just didn't speak to me.
I needed to decide what was best for ME.  Stay with the other church and become more active there, thus staying at the church my husband and my mother-in-law attend.  Or move to Quest, where my daughters and their families attend.  Though I don't like the idea of my husband and myself attending different churches, that wasn't the issue for me at the time.  I prayed and prayed about it and sometime during one night of what was a peaceful sleep, God spoke to me and said, "I am first.  Go where you find me."  So I did.  I moved my membership to Quest and have found a new church family there where I am comfortable and more excited.  Each Sunday I am compelled to actually study and follow up on what John has delivered to me.
During communion  the praise band played and sang a song that moved me to tears....literally.  By the time I got to John to receive communion, I was practically blubbering. I am searching for that song so that I can share it with you.  When I find it, I'll post it for you if I'm able.  In the meantime, enjoy this video of 'Simple Gifts'.
Be blessed this Sunday.
'Know God's Voice'

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Which wong was it? Personally, I love the HOSANNA song they sang yesterday.

It's good to see you back, even though it's not with the frequency you'd like.

Ctrl-Z, huh? Never heard of that one. Hope I never have to use it.

I wish you could see your granddaughter this morning. She's found the anti-skid rubber stuff I put under our kitchen mats, and keeps throwing the rugs around to get to it and then carries the strips of rubber stuff around with her.