I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday Morsels #15

I'm on the road again today.  I'm heading back over to Columbus, GA to be with my Mom and Dad.  Mom is having her shoulder replacement tomorrow.  Her anxiety level is pretty high.  She's been having a lot of pain in her neck and shoulder the last week or so.  I'm hoping that she's going to feel immediate relief from that kind of pain.  Please pray for her.
I'll be over there for a few days.  She has a computer so I hope to be able to post from there.


"One thing remember, my girls:  mother is always ready to be your confidante; father to be your friend; and both of us trust and hope that our daughters, whether married or single, will be the pride and comfort of our lives."  ~ Louisa May Alcott, Little Women

God showed himself to me yesterday morning.  I always feel His presence.  My back yard, my sanctuary.  The 'compound' as Terry's called it.
I was out doing my morning Thank You to God for another beautiful day.  When I turned to the sounds of small birds in the bird bath, there was the rainbow in the sprinkler.  I felt so loved and so peaceful.

"For the time had come when they could talk together not only as father and daughter, but as man and woman, able and glad to serve each other with mutual sympathy as well as mutual love. ~Louisa May Alcott, Little Women

If you're wondering.  Yes, I just finished re-reading Little Women.

Caresses, expressions of one sort or another, are necessary to the life of the affections
as leaves are to the life of a tree.  If they are wholly restrained, love will die at the roots.
~Nathaniel Hawthorne

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Weezer! You go take care of mom. I do hope and pray her pain is relieved. I am heading to see my folks next week. I spoke to my mom and they just did an MRI of her brain (she had a stroke 3 weeks ago). I hope to hear the results soon but in the meantime I am beside myself with worry. I haven't spoken with my dad because, with his stroke, he lost his speech. I am glad that I am going to be able to check up on both of them. I don't think I like being this age with aging parents....

Jessica said...

Beautiful, Mom! I'm in awe over that picture of the rainbow! That's incredible!