I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Saturday, May 08, 2010

A Beautiful Saturday

Any adult who spends even fifteen minutes outdoors
finds himself drawn back to his own childhood.
-Sharon Macclatchie

When I went out to spend my Tuesday evening with Leah, she and her Mommy had been out playing in the driveway with sidewalk chalk.  Leah had left me a message there on the pavement.
It reminded me of when our family lived in Baumholder, Germany.  I was in the 4th grade and the activities for children were of the 'make your own fun' kind.  (Actually, that's the way things were back then.)  I remember that my friends and I spent hours playing either Jacks or Hopscotch.  I had my own set of Jacks that I kept in a little draw-string bag and my pieces of chalk (usually snatched from the black board at school) were wrapped up in a piece of paper.
Who knew then that what I was experiencing at the time would be brought back to me as a memory some 50 years later,  initiated by something my granddaughter had done.  How special is that?

I'm having a good day today.  It's beautiful outside and the sun is shining brightly.

He will turn the hearts of parents to their children and the
hearts of children to their parents.
Malachi 4:6

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Aw! That's so sweet! Good story, too. =)