I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday Morsels #12

Our city, Augusta, Georgia, is loaded to the brim and beyond with golf fans.  The Masters Golf Tournament is in town.  By the time you read this, it will all be over and all evidence of the thousands of khaki/polo shirt- clad fans will be gone.  Traffic on Washington Road will return to normal, all the golf carts will disappear, and you will no longer be able to buy Masters merchandise anywhere but at the National.  See all of you next year.

Christians! Shop at and support Hobby Lobby stores. This full-page ad was in the Montgomery newspaper this Easter Sunday. Thank God for Christian businesses.


A billboard in North Carolina:   

COMMIT RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS



A Billboard in Athens, Georgia (at the University of Georgia campus)
 
Cigarette Fairy - (noun) a mythical figure that follows a smoker around picking up cigarette butts and freshening the air.


Did I see that Jake Delhomme (formerly of the Carolina Panthers) is now going to the Washington Redskins??  If it's true, I'm so sorry.  I pull for anyone playing against the Redskins. 

Pickles

6 comments:

Mom said...

Had to laugh at this one when I sent it on to you. When we are out and about and some one tells you how much you look like me I usually say to you, "sorry about that". But you sure do look like your Diddy also - hmmmm? Maybe it is better it be me - you think?

Mom said...

Hey! You haven't given us an update on how long its been since YOU quit smoking. Are is that little "cigarette fairy" following you around?

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Love the cartoons, sorry have not stopped by often as I should
kim

Jessica said...

Oh, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZEERRRRRRRRRR.... Where are you? Tell Granddad you need the 'puter. Give him the boot. (Not literally. If you handed Granddad a boot, I don't think he'd quite know what to do.)

I've had too much sweet tea.

Angelia Sims said...

That's a great ad! Hope your Easter was wonderful. :-)

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

So glad you told me about Hobby Lobby!
kim