I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday blessing #3


"Then he said to them all: 
'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."
(Luke 9:23, NIV)

Every day is a day that I promise that I'm going to do better about my relationship with God.  Every day.  All day long.  It's at the forefront of what I think.  Unfortunately, it's not always first and foremost in my actions.  This I confess.  To myself.  To you.  To God.  He hears it from me so much and yet I know that He's still there, holding His arms out, loving me all the while. 
Every day there are things that come into my life that pull me from what I plan and promise to do for Him.  These distractions pull me from my actions but not my love for Him.  That's why Jesus said that every day we have to make a choice to follow Him.  It's not just that I go to church on Sunday and read my Bible with my devotionals, it's how I spend my time when I'm not in those moments of the after-glow of the service or scripture.
I need to make adjustments in my life and my walk with God.  And the good news, that I know in my heart, is that I can start right now.  And if necessary, re-start tomorrow.  It's never too late to get it right and on track with Him.  I'm making new steps to start each and every day with choosing to follow Him.
[nspired by "Today's Word (February 17) by Joel Osteen ministries]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen Weezer! Story of my life, too!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I think it is called, humans, still striving along.
kim