I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Morsels #7


Shoot!  It's Monday and laundry day AGAIN.

Yes, Becca.  Grace did swallow my knee high hose.  And a large wad of purple embroidery thread.  And some green fiber filling from a pillow.  She's a vacuum and sucks up things that doesn't seem possible.  But it's done mostly when left alone.  So we're working with her on 'separation anxiety'.

New Uses for Old Things
Marshmallows
Keeping brown sugar soft. 
 Toss a couple inside the bag or a canister to prevent the sweet stuff from turning rock-hard.

Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline)
Preventing a stuck cap. 
 Use a cotton swab to rub a small dab of jellon on the inside of a nail-polish cap so it doesn't glue itself to the bottle.

Athletic Wrist Band
Protecting your palm
Create your own (eco-friendly) coffee sleeve by sliding a wrist-band onto your paper cup.

Pizza Slicer
Making a chopped salad.
Skip the cutting board.  Fill a bowl with lettuce and other toppings, then run the slicer through it. 
Ta-da.  Bite-size pieces.
(from Real Simple magazine)




Happy Belated Birthday, Becca.
The day and date slipped by me.
I hope it was an extra special day.




and cold weather?
and days without sunshine?
and brown grass?
and windy, blustery days?







Me?  Spoil my Grace?  Not me.  Never.
Do you think she's happy here with me?



3 comments:

Beccalynn said...

LOVE the "New Uses for Old Things!"
And thanks for the Bday wishes!

Unknown said...

Grace may be a handful but she's beautiful! And happy birthday to your Becca!

Angelia (Texas) said...

She is a sweetheart. How could that face do anything wrong? :-)

I saw the sun today! I hope it lasts at least today!!!