I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunday blessing #2

"According to a Pew Research study, more than 90% of those living in the United States believe in God.
81% describe themselves as Christian, and 85% say their religion is an important part of their lives."**

How do some people today live without believing that there is a higher power with a mighty plan for tomorrow.  I've never been there and have no idea of what it feels like to not have that love and spiritual presence in my heart and life.  I've never had a problem believing that there is something far greater than anything we can imagine. 
We have rules to give us guidance and boundaries for life.  Today, far too many people are blind to those rules and/or don't think that they exist for them.  Those rules, those commandments, were layed down for all of us, not just a few. 
My religion, my spiritual belief, allows me to live day to day knowing that when the time comes for my heart to quit beating, that my spirit will soar. Like a pure and mighty winged dove, the part of me that makes me who I am, will leave here and forever be in the loving arms of He who put me here.
I feel so blessed that I have that peace in my heart.  I am so thankful that no matter what each and every day brings, driving my thoughts and actions, that I will be accepted by my Father in heaven.
And all will be right.

Have a blessed Sunday.

**from A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity

1 comments:

Angelia Sims said...

This is a beautiful tribute to a loving loyal soul that seeks to give God glory in all things.

I pray for those lost and hurting. I was one of them so I do know what it was like. It is a dark, dark place.

Happy Sunday and Valentine's Day!