I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Winter Wonderland

It all started here in Augusta about 3:30 this afternoon.
Mr. Smith and I went to Ruby Tuesday's for supper and all the servers were out in the parking lot throwing snowballs in between waiting on their tables.

They were estimating that we were getting an inch an hour.  This was just 1 1/2 hours after it started.

After it was all said and done......I measured 4 1/2 inches on the grill top.
Grace had no idea what it all was but she sure didn't mind being out in it.

Y'all, I know this isn't as much as most of you have gotten over the last 2 weeks or so....
BUT, this is Georgia!  And we haven't had snow here since 2002.  For right now, it's absolutely beautiful.

You know.  It's harder to take good photos of snow than it looks.  It's easier once it starts falling.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Darn...I have to work this weekend and had to the last major snow. It's getting old having to have hubby chauffeur me (my car is the 4WD)

Enjoy your winter wonderland!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Yes I should post some photos of the snow in Georgia, it is beutiful. I agree it could be rougher like up north.
kim

Angelia Sims said...

I was thrilled to hear Georgia got a good snow. Y'all get as excited as we do over it!

It was beautiful. What a sight to see. Glad you enjoyed and got pictures.

:-)

Angelia Sims said...

And I don't know if you heard we broke a record. The biggest snow ever was in 1964 12.1 inches. Officially we got 12.5 and made HISTORY!
Incredible!

I put pics on my blog.