I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday Morsels #6

Good morning, Everyone.  I hope you had a relaxing weekend and that your special valentine presented you with something full of love and affection.

Update:  My Diddy's illness~~~
It's good news.  The plan right now is that tomorrow, February 16th, will be his last dose of at-home antibiotics.  If the cultures remain clear, they will remove his PICC line (the 2d one he's had) the next day.  This is definitely good and encouraging news.  The source of the MRSA is still a mystery.

Today is President's Day.  I'm not exactly sure why it became that but once upon a time we actually celebrated Abraham Lincoln's birthday on February 12th and George Washington's birthday on
February 22nd.  Are these the only two presidents we honor on President's Day.  I know I don't know the birthdays of any others.  In fact, I wonder how many people actually know the real birthdays of Lincoln and Washington.

You know, I started doing my Monday Morsels because I'd often read little tidbits of information and want to share it, but it wouldn't be enough to build an entire post on.  More often than not, my Monday posts are full of things that aren't my own thoughts.  That's because, well, I just don't have many.  Thoughts, that is.

Here's something I discovered this weekend.  If a 9-month old puppy swallows a knee-high hose, you'll see it again in a couple of days.  And you don't even have to know that it's disappeared.

I'm tremendously tired of cold weather.  I mean, really, really tired of it.  I feel so badly for all the people north of us here in Georgia who have had to live for so many weeks with snow and bone-chilling cold.  I watch The Weather Channel and coverage of the 'Snow-mageddon'.  How do they manage?  I know there are some of you who read me here who have been living in that environment. I hope all of you had a stock-pile of provisions and heeded the warnings of the weather guys.

Yesterday was the Chinese New Year.  It ushered in "The Year of the Tiger".


Prayers go out to the Republic of Georgia at the death of the 21-year old luge athlete on Friday.
May the family have peace knowing that he died doing something that he loved.








6 comments:

Mama Kayla said...

Good thoughts. And I, too am tired of the cold. We got 4 inches last night. :-/ It's not exciting anymore.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

So glad to read your bits of info. and I am tired of the cold also. Do feel for the people up north.
kim

Robinsgothealth.com said...

I am beginning to get use to snow everyday here in Overland Park, Kansas! I must say it has been the coldest and snowiest...can't leave out that it is also the most beautiful winter I can remember in my 39 years...burrrrrrrrr! I am so looking forward to Spring!

Yours in Health, Robin

iamNoOne said...

The thought of snow brings a kind of excitement to us people living near the spot where the sun beams at its highest. But we're way too weak to endure the cold. We usually have our cold season from Dec - Jan as effect of the melting snow in Japan. And people here are usually seen in jackets or thick clothes. How much more if we're also having snow? :p

Hi weezer! thanks for religiously dropping by my blog. I am fine :) But still can't find time to write a post, at least the one with a thought.

Beccalynn said...

Ha ha!! Did your puppy swallow your panty hose? That's so funny!

Jessica said...

Well....that was a good combo of the deep and the humorous. The knee-high pretty much cracked me up.