I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

An Open Letter

Dear Obnoxious 'Grizzy Adams' man in Lowes,

Who do you think you are to speak to your wife like that?  If you are so horribly obnoxious and cruel in a public place like Lowes, I have to wonder what you do and say to her in the privacy of your home.  Or house.  Someone like you with that kind of horrible behaviour probably lives in a 'house'.  No home filled with love could hold that much bitterness and anger.

I was three aisles over from where you stood, openly berating your wife, and heard every ugly, cruel, and unnecessary word you shouted.  And just because you disagreed with her over a gardening tool selection?  I'm sure that seemed like a big threat in your small mind, but believe me, Grizzly, your day of reckoning will come.  That kind of behaviour is not rewarded in heaven much less here on earth.

Your ball cap with the green tractor on the front.  Your low-slung, too-tight jeans.  Your dirt-clod laden boots.  Not a one of these entitles you to belittle and berate another human being.  Not your wife.  Not your children.  Not your neighbor.

You are old enough to know better and that is not the actions of a mature individual.  You need help and I hope and pray that you get it before you hurt someone.  I just hope it's not too late already.

Signed,
Concerned for your wife and family


****************

Dear Mrs. 'Grizzly Adams',

I know you know deep in your heart that you don't have to take that kind of verbal abuse.  I pray that that's all it is....verbal.  I could tell by the fake smile on your face that you were embarassed, if nothing else, by his actions and words.  The apology to the stock boy trying to assist you shouldn't have come from your lips but Mr. Grizzly's.

Please get some help for him and for yourself.  Nothing good can come from that kind of abuse.  The glare he directed toward me when I stepped around the aisle chilled me to the bone.  There is nothing written anywhere that says that you are obliged to continue to take that.

Signed,
a concerned by-stander

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my...I'm just sorry that they'll probably never see or read these words. It's a shame.

Jessica said...

Oh, gosh......so sad. I'm chilled just reading this, and I was nowhere around when it happened. I hate that.

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness. I can't imagine. It always feels so helpless/hopeless (??) when stuff like that happens...

Angelia said...

There are often times that I walk by a situation like that and try to talk myself up to get the courage to stand up and say something. It's a lot like replaying a conversation on your head and think, "I should have said...".

Angelia said...

oops.

In your head - not on it.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Glad you wrote your letter. Hope it helps!
kim