I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Friday, February 05, 2010

No Phone Zone

I had seen that Oprah was going to be doing a show on the cell phones/texting while driving issue.  Though I don't agree with some of the things that Oprah says, I do support her in this campaign.
You can find several videos and a more detailed dialogue of her campaign at her website.

I have to agree with no cell phone (and definitely no texting) while driving.  The only reason I have a cell phone is for emergency purposes that go back to when I would be driving home after work at midnight or 3am.  I just don't know if there are enough people who realize how hazardous this is and can be to innocent drivers.  I've had at least one daughter involved in an accident because another driver was on her cell phone...in the rain....at sundown.  Fortunately, there were no injuries but the inconvenience related to an accident can be frustrating and time-consuming.
Won't you join me in each of us doing our part to make the roads safer!
.

4 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

So glad your daughter was ok, glad to help you to make driving with no cell phones.
kim

Deidra said...

I agree. As my MIL says, driving is a full-time job. No distractions needed.

Angelia (Texas) said...

I agree. I used to text while driving because my fingers could feel the buttons. Now, I have an iPhone and REALLY can't. It's very dangerous you have to look at the keyboard.

I do tend to look at it when I'm at stoplight but probably shouldn't do that either.

It is illegal in a school zone.

Unknown said...

I'm with you on this one! If my phone rings while I'm driving I make one of my children answer it!