I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

West vs East



The front of my house faces due east.  The back, due west.  This morning when I went out to check on my bird feeders, the wind was blowing wildly.  The bird feeders were rocking in the wind and the birds weren't even attempting to land to feed. The sky to the west was very ominous and threatening looking. Atleast from the west.  The dark clouds were zipping along the sky, looking for all the world like there was a huge rush to get somewhere other than where they were.

But when I turned to the east, there was a totally different look.  The sky was a deep clear blue with fluffy white clouds.
The difference in the two directions represented to me the battle between good and evil that we encounter every day.  Hoping that the bright pure good will withstand the threats of the dark evil and win the battle for yet another day.

As I stood and watched the darkness trying to overtake the light, the sun sprang out from behind the clouds.  The dark clouds evaporated in the brightness.  Good and light had won.
The day became bright and clear.

Right now, at almost 2 o'clock in the morning, it's breezy and cool outside.  There's not a cloud in the sky.  Every star is visible, shining brightly.
God's smile is reflected in a moon that will be full again in a few nights.
All is good.  All is bright.

Dear brothers and sisters,
whenever trouble comes your way,
let it be an opportunity for joy.
For when your faith is tested,
your endurance has a chance to grow.
James 1:2-3


2 comments:

Angelia said...

Nicely put.
The crosses on my blog was just a random picture I found on the internet. I wish I owned them, though.

Unknown said...

Very nice post. Wonderful imagery. Every day is a battle between good and evil. Choosing what is right or what is wrong. God has given us the freedom of choice and I pray every day that I choose wisely.