I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Morsels #3



If you were to write the sentence:
There are three toos (or twos or tos) in the English language,
which to/too/two would you use?
(My Diddy had me ask my 5th grade teacher that years ago.  It's stuck with me all these years and everytime I write it, I use something different.

My flowers in the yard are confused.  The daffodils and 4 o'clocks are starting to come up.

My heart aches for all those people in Haiti.  It's the pictures and stories of the children that hurt me the most.


Why do so many people seem to be in such a hurry?  The other morning on my way to my doctor's appointment a car pulled right out in front of me into my lane, causing me to squall and test the brakes on my 91 Geo.  Fortunately, they're in good working order.  The other driver didn't even slow down or look back.
My brother and sister-in-law were hit by a deer on their way home from Columbus.  They weren't hurt but the rear passenger window of their car was broken and the rear view mirror knocked loose.  I thank God they were alert and saw it coming, swerving to the side to avoid being hit straight on.  They could have been seriously injured.

Do you know how much I appreciate the time you spend coming by my blog to visit.  It means a lot that you come back time and again.

4 comments:

Straitjackets are Slimming said...

I think I would write "two"
The way people speed up right after being stuck in traffic behind a serious accident always amazes me. I thought the ability to reason and learn from mistakes is what separates us from the animal kingdom. It apparently doesn't apply on the interstate.

Unknown said...

I would write "too" because it sounds like it is written. Two, phonetically, would have to include the pronunciation of the "w" and it, along with "to" would have to rhyme with toe, again, phonetically speaking.

My hubby was hit by a deer once. He saw it coming, slowed way down, but it still caused extensive damage.

Fie on that driver!

Oh, and thanks for the hug. Always useful first thing on a Monday morning.

Jessica said...

That reminds me of my first grade spelling bee loss when I spelled "witch" when they wanted "which."

I still just love the picture you use for these.

Angelia said...

I was almost hit in a parking lot by a 350Z apparently I was going to slow over the SPEED bumps! OMGOSH! I agree people slooooow dooown.