I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Joan of Arcadia


Do you remember the series that ran on commercial TV from September 2003 until April 2005.  Amber Tamblyn played a high school girl who saw and talked with God.  I loved the show and was really disappointed when it was pulled from the air because of religious content (as was "Touched By An Angel").  This is so sad that our world has reached the point where even the mention of God over the television or radio airways offends.
Anyway, my point is this.  I found a marathon showing of Joan of Arcadia on the tube this afternoon.  You'll never guess which channel was showing it.  Go ahead.  Guess.  I'll tell you.  The SCIFI Channel.  Can you believe it?!  How is it that film regarding God, even fiction, can be interpreted as Science Fiction! 
Yes, I'm really bothered by this.  And I don't know who I'm going to write but I'm going to let someone hear my voice.  So there!

4 comments:

Angelia said...

Lol! I love it when you rant! I so come by it honestly. I totally agree about something pertaining to God is considered " sci-fi". What's that all about?

Unknown said...

Great rant! Sci fi? Seriously?

Beccalynn said...

That's ridiculous. I mean, the fact that it was on the SciFi channel. Really. Come on, people! "The fool has said in his heart 'There is no God'."

Angelia (Texas) said...

I listen to Greg Laurie a lot. I used to catch him on the radio on the way to work but nowadays I catch podcasts. I really LOVE him. I get what you are saying. I understand. And he goes into the supernatural on some of his sermons.

What I hear from him, is that what God does is supernatural - in a way. He supernaturally got Mary, a virgin, pregnant. There are Angels that supernaturally protect us every day all over - millions of them. They are supernatural beings. God is supernaturally omnipresent.
I am a scifi fan. I love imagination and the way they create amazing things. I definitely think it's a gift to be able to do that.

Many Christians work on film. Christian and non-christian works.

I'm just saying praise God it's showing somewhere and maybe it will reach a lot of people (sci fi people) to know God and how supernatural he is (like alot of the shows they watch). And that he loves us and gave his only son to die and supernaturally rise again.

That's my veiw of it anyway. I hope that makes sense. I really hope I didn't offend. It wasn't meant to.
xoxoxo :-)