I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

No Smoking ~ One Week


Okay.  It's been a week.  I'm very, very proud of myself.
That's not to say that it's all over, that I'm all clear.  Not so.  I know that for a very long time this will be a monster that I'll have to keep at arm's length.  But it's been a very long time since I've been this clean.
I've got three weeks left of this all-natural program that I'm doing.  I really think it's working for me.  That the fact that I really, really was ready to do this.
Today wasn't so bad except when I kinda got penned in here in the house by all the rain. I'm an outdoors sort of person and I've got get outside.  I'm 'solar powered' and when there's no sunshine to keep my battery charged, I run down pretty quickly.  Although I've never had a doctor write it in my medical chart, I think I have Seasonal Affect Disorder.  Winter time is bad.  Rainy days are bad.  Cold weather is bad (and COLD to me is anything less than 70 degrees).
But, honestly.  I'm doing okay.  Really, really okay. 
Since it's very difficult for me to talk about 'how I'm doing' with this, and that aspect seems to get worse the further I get, I just might not post on it everyday.  I'm sure my few readers ae growing tired of the same ol' saga.  If there's anything phenomenal to report, I'll let you know.
Soon I'm going to gather up all the cigarette lighters I've got stashed away.  I'm finding one in coat pockets, jean pockets, bathroom drawers, extra pocketbooks.  I've always said that not having a light was as bad as not having a cigarette.  I'll keep you updated on this.  Thanks again for all your support.
Until next time............deep breathe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I continue to be amazed at your perseverence. It does get easier as time passes. Yes...get rid of the lighters! How can you smoke if you don't have a light?

I agree about SAD. I hate going to work and coming home in the dark. Not good for the attitude!

Angelia Sims said...

We had rain for a near four weeks last month in Texas with maybe only one or two days of sunshine.

I was ready to turn myself in, my normal happy state was toast. I agree, it's the sun, I have to have it too.

Congrats on ONE week. One more week (not nears as bed) and it gets so much better. I am very happy for you!