I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

No Smoking ~ Day #6


Whew!  This was a bad one that did get better as the day went on.  No matter what I did I couldn't shake the cravings.  I know that this is going to get better.  I keep telling myself that. 
Sleeping........not much.  Lots of crazy dreams that I can't remember when I wake.
Eating.....yep.  Trying to keep the munchies under control.  Lots of water with crushed ice.  Lots of yogurt and carrots and pretzel sticks.......not all together, silly.  My jaws are tired from chewing gum.
I found that when I have a craving that I just can't shake, it helps to brush my teeth. 
I think physically I'm feeling better.  I'm trying to be more attentive to my poor neglected treadmill.  That seems to help, too.
Good grief!  I'm rambling on.  I guess that says something about my state of mind.  My real challenge will be this next Sunday when I make a 5-hour drive over to Columbus to see my parents for a few days.  I'll have to load up the front seat with my munchies.
Again, thanks for all the love, prayers, and support thrown this way.

6 comments:

Beccalynn said...

Do you chew the nicotine gum? Does that help?

Unknown said...

Actually, pretzels dipped in yogurt is a pretty good snack! You can do it Weezie! I know you can. Keep up the good work and effort.

Angelia Sims said...

It's gonna pay off! BIG TIME!

Deidra said...

So proud of you! Keep going...

Angelia said...

keep up the good work, mom!
maybe once you are over this you can give larry some great words of wisdom!
btw, i do have a few pics of you at the b'day party. larry had the camera most of the time and you are in some.
love you!

Jessica said...

I was thinking about you today with the road trip. I know that was a test. Hang in there.....