I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Prayers, please

 My brother, Tommy, has been diagnosed with Achalasia, a rare disorder of the esophagus.  It occurs when the lower esophageal sphincter (muscle) doesn't relax properly to let food enter the stomach.  He is going to be going to Atlanta for them to do botox injections by scope, hoping to relax the muscle.  He was to have it done this past Monday but the weather caused them to postpone.  Prayers, please, that this procedure will work and that he won't have to go through surgery.

Tommy's mother-in-law, Katherine,  has been diagnosed with a reoccurence of skin cancer on her face.  She has already had all the radiation she can have from prior treatments so she'll be having plastic surgery (February 1, I think)  to remove the cancer and for grafting.  She's also having trouble with her back and not getting any relief from her chiropractor.

My aunt and godmother in Cincinnati, Margie, had a CT scan done today to rule out dementia.  Though they are trying to rule it out, it's a better diagnosis than what I've been thinking.  She has two daughters (my cousins) living in the area with her and they have had to assume a lot of responsibility in her care and appointments.  My uncle has had a seizure disorder and now has hearing and vision loss.  Aunt Margie is my mother's younger sister.

Also, the friends and families of the victims of the Tucson shooting.  And yes, even the shooter.  Such sadness around that whole situation.

5 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

You got it. Hope all goes well for your brother.

Sandra said...

Boy you have quite a prayer list going right now. I pray for God's blessings on all of them...and on you too. Amen.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I shall add your family to my prayer as I drive to work time.

And I'm glad you mentioned the shooter. I have included him and his family in my prayers.

See my thankful list today on my blog, you could say YOU are on it!

ShirleyC said...

Prayers for all.

Coffeypot said...

Quiet a list, I can feel the pain in my knees already. I have been praying for all the people in AZ. I just hated to see The Big O there for his publisity starved needs. Shut it! I'll hate him if I wanna!