I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

While You Were Sleeping by Casting Crowns



Oh, how I've had trouble getting into the 'decorating for Christmas' mood.  I love Christmas and what it stands for. Since my return from Belize with all the images I have still embedded in my memory, it just doesn't seem right.  The timing isn't right. So, I've been thinking of it as decorating for a 'Happy Birthday, Jesus' party.  My little granddaughter brought my thinking back to reality.

And just this morning, I heard this song on the radio for the first time.  It truly was a shockwave back to the real reason for Christmas.

Happy Birthday, Jesus.

4 comments:

Mom said...

I love this song. Don't know how you always find them.
It is hard for me each year to think about decorating without any family to celebrate with and with all the memories of you and Larry growing up. Our adopted family is what keeps me going now. Diddy is still the same about holidays! Sure miss all of you.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Love the song also. Yes it is tough to get into "celebrations". When you realize how the others have so much less. We do have to remember the "reason for the season". Rich or poor should celebrate the reason.
kim

Angelia Sims said...

I just read the Belize blog and saw the pics. Amazing. I want to do mission work one day. I know it really affected you. Humbly, I join you in gratefulness and thankfulness. Happy Birthday Jesus.

Carol said...

I am so happy to see you back on here. I've missed reading your posts. I can understand how you feel but I am praying you will feel the "spirit" soon.

Be well friend.

Merry Christmas,

Carol-the gardener