I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Departure on Saturday morning at 4:00am (November 20 2010)

The air in the church last Sunday was electric. The commissioning service was wonderful as the entire congregation sang and cheered in sending us off.  Never did we expect that we would be able to put together a 32-member team for our inaugural trip.  We're broken up into six smaller teams (worship, children, construction, medical, women and admin).  My Medical team is made up of myself (an RN), one LPN, an EMT, a dental tech, a hospital orderly, and a Vet tech.  No doctor.  We're quite a mixed-bag of experience so we should be able to pin-point any unexpected problems.  We're calling this a bandaid mission since there were no medical people that went in the recon trip last March.  There's no one on my team who has been before. 

I'm so excited I can hardly keep still.  Of course, there's still the little matter of packing for a week in the tropics.  The dress code down in Belize is pretty strict so we're all having to be careful with our wardrobe.  I'll be able to wear my scrub top in the villages when we go in for our health clinics so that will at least be familiar. 

I wanted to give all of you the link to the blog site that will be maintained while we're gone.

There's already the logo (like that one above) posted.  There's some older photos there from the recon trip that was taken last March.

If you follow Face Book, you can check updates for the Group:
Quest Church International Missions

I don't do Face Book so I don't know what's involved in getting to that site.

Please continue to pray for our entire team.  This is going to involve a lot of contact with the Belizean people.  There's a church being built there and they have taken our church's name.  We are The Quest Church and they have become The Evangelical Quest Church.  What an honor to have our little church expand to such heights.

I've done a few posts to let you know what's going on each day and what my activities will be.  Of course, when I get back, there will be lots and lots of photos.



God's blessings
Hope for safe trip.


Weezer

5 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Hey, Weezer...I'll be in your area next week, too. Where as you will be saving souls and doing good, I will be parting and doing good for my soul.

I wish you luck in your pilgrimage and much success. And I am proud of you for getting out of the house and going. Yeah You!

Carol said...

Hi Weezer...I've missed hearing from you but it sounds like you are doing much better. I think about you often and will be happy when you return and get to posting just like you did before you were hurt. I wish you all good things on your trip.

Godspeed ....you friend..

Carol-the gardener

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Yes Belize has such nice people, hope for a safe trip!

iamNoOne said...

Hi Weezer, have a safe trip. Godspeed.

Quiltingranny said...

Glad to hear you are doing much better, Belize really needs help, God Be with you all!