I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Still alive but definitely not kicking very high

OH, my goodness, how I've missed all of you.  I thought I'd take just a moment to let all of you know that I feel all the love and prayers being sent in my direction. 
The ankle is mending well.  I've had the stitches removed (11 inside ankle; 16 outside ankle)   and I'm now in a boot though I still can't bear weight yet.  How wonderful it is that they aren't going to put a cast on.  When I asked about it, they said that they would if they felt like I wasn't going to behave.  Believe me.  I'm behaving.
The real problem has been my mouth.  Remember that I had an abcessed tooth removed sometime back in early September before I did the break-the-ankle thing?  Well, now I've gotten some sort of infection in another part of my mouth.  My theory is that it was something that I got in surgery.   Since surgery, I've had one of those horrible ulcer-like places in my mouth and I just suspected that it had occurrred during surgery.  Long story short (like I could), I've had an infection in my mouth that has been more unbearable than anything I've endured with the ankle.  Just when I thought I could get away from some of the pain medication this mouth thing flared up.  There's doctor appointments this week so hopefully I'll have something more positive to report. 
 Please know that I think of all of you.  Wonder how all your etsy shops are going.  How are all the kids and grandkids adjusting to being back at school.  How are all the wedding plans going?  10-10-10 will be here real real REAL soon.  Any more dog runs up north?

Please stay in touch.  I"ll be doing better about checking on all of you.  I"ll be watching.



21 comments:

Coffee Slut said...

So glad you're mending well! Sending prayers your way for the infection in your mouth!

Purple Cow said...

Oh, my! I missed the other post! Sounds like you’re having a hard time. Hope you are feeling better soon. Take care of yourself!

the Chacogirl said...

I'm so glad to hear from you again. I really hope your mouth sore goes away soon, and that you will feel better then. And you really should behave, and keep off that ankle for a while:) Hugs from Paraguay!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

So great to hear from you!

Ugh on the ulcer. I'll keep praying.

nomo wino daph said...

AWEEEE I am so sorry!! I sure have missed you my friend! I wish that I were near you, I'd come over visit and bring some yummy chicken soup!!

I will continue praying. I hope your 100% soon. Be blessed Honey!

His Love & Mine,
Daphne
xxoo

Not so Molly Mormon After-All said...

I was beginning to wonder if you were being held against your will?

It's so good to see you again my friend. Praying that you have a pain free day!

Unknown said...

Good to see your smiling face this morning! Been thinking of you and glad the ankle is mending well. The mouth? Yikes...that is bad. Hope they figure out what's causing the infection and get you on the proper antibiotics.

Anonymous said...

All your buddies at Spiritual Sundays have been praying for you!
Glad to hear an update.
:) Have a great week!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

SO glad to hear how you are doing, I have been wondering! Thanks for updating us.
kim

Patrice said...

I was worried about you . I'm glad you posted. Sounds like you have been through so much. You are in my prayers. I'm sure once the mouth thing is under control, the ankle will be far more manageable and only a matter of time. Take it easy and join us on our blogs when you feel up to it.
Blessings and prayers of healing-
Patrice

Covnitkepr1 said...

I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower also if you care to. So looking forward to heaven where all these sicknesses and dieases will cease to exisits.

Holly said...

Oh WEEZER!! You've been missed, too! It's good that your ankle is on the mend... but NOT that you have a mouth infection. Hmmm... strange...

You worry more about getting better and we'll keep praying and look forward to when you're roaming the blogosphere again! (((HUGS))) and LOVE!!

ShirleyC said...

I'm so glad to hear from you. I really hate that you've had such a time with your mouth. I hope they get it cleared up, but be sure to watch it closely.
Still praying for your healing.

Jessica said...

Your post title cracked me up. It's good to see a new post from you - that means you're off the couch! =)

Annette said...

I'm so glad to hear from you...I was wondering how you were coping. I'm sorry to hear your mouth is being a problem. I'll continue praying and look forward to more posts from you! :)

Coffeypot said...

I've been doing about 2 a month since the first of the year. I think now I will be doing only one for the rest of the year. Time will tell.

I know what it's like to have a mouth infection. I've had one all my life. There's just no telling what kind of sick stuff will pour out of it at any time.

I'm glad you are back and I wish you speedy recovery - for both ends.

Java said...

So glad to "see" you!! I'm glad you made it through but I'm sorry to hear about your mouth! Ugh...that must be awful!
Take care of yourself and speedy recovery!!

Hugs.
Java

Rose said...

i think that alot of bloggers including are behind in posts. just get better and hope nothingelse comes up. rose

Rose said...

sorry that thr road to recovery maybe slow. i've been up and down in catching up reading blogs. from what i can tell alot of folks are also behind. take care rose

cj Schlottman said...

weezer, glad your ankle is healing, and i'm oh-so-sorry about your mouth troubles.

my drastic change in writing style is the result of a broken wrist that is casted up real tight!

the story is on the red sweater, just beneath the pink ribbon post. hope you can stop by

Breathing In Grace said...

I just now saw this post...love your precious heart!! I've really missed you and was so concerned that something terrible had happened and we would never know what!!! Praying that all of your troubles will end...ankle and mouth will heal up and you'll be good as new in no time!!! In His Love...Deb