I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

You Capture ~ In the Kitchen

Photobucket


Mister and I have been married over 31 years.  
The kitchen I have has been my kitchen for almost 25 years.  Early in our married life, my PaPaw and my Diddy (that's Daddy to those of you north of the Mason/Dixon line and west of the Mississipi River) did a lot of wood working in PaPaw's shed.  So many of the things I have in my kitchen were made by their hands.  And because of that, they will be a part of my kitchen until .....
Coffee cup rack made by PaPaw and Diddy
and the napkin holder.  The spoon holder was my Grandmother's.
Many, many years back I found some shelves in a catalog.  I cut the picture out and sent it to my Diddy.  Toldhim how many I wanted and POOF!  I had my shelves.  I still use them for all my ceramic bowls, which all functional and not just for show.  I love pottery.
Spice rack made by them. 
You know how you just sort of start collecting things.  Well, somehow we started collecting shot glasses.  I found that they were great for saving little things like shells or some sand from a beach.....that kind of thing. I've always wanted a stained glass window in my kitchen.  Instead of going that route, my Mister made me a shelf top put in the window and it gives the same effect as a stained glass.  We get the afternoon sun to that part of the house and they sparkle.
And if I'm in the kitchen, Grace is in the kitchen.

Next week's challenge:  Get outside!

5 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Wow, our kitchens couldn't be any different! Yours is so full of family and memories.
:)

Unknown said...

Oh I love your kitchen. Such personality and character. Kitchens like that tell stories of those who have passed through and shared a meal. Thanks for sharing that!

Coffeypot said...

Back in the day, making things was all they could do as the store bought stuff was too expensive and the store was usuall too far away. I like the old stuff very much. Thanks for dip into your kitchen.

Angelia Sims said...

I love what you did with the shotglasses. What a great idea! Very beatiful and homey kitchen. :-)

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Awh, we use to have a dog that loved to follow me to the kitchen. So sweet.