I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Spiritual Sunday ~ "I Think Myself Happy"

(Photo from Frayed Lotus @belief.com)
  "I Think Myself Happy"
     The first minister of the first church was the apostle James.  He was familiar with living a life of trials. He said when we fall into the midst of difficulties, our faith is tested in order to produce patience.  Trials are a test of our faith.
     In order to avoid letting our reactions and emotions control our lives, we need to take the authority over our feelings and choose joy as our dominant emotion.  As the apostle Paul stood on trial for crimes he hadn't committed, he began his defense with, "I think myself happy."
     Today, so many people are facing hardship of various degrees.  In each of these situations how much different would their lives be if instead of letting the negative control them, they chose to adopt Paul's philosophy of "I think myself happy".  If it's a situation that can be controlled, make the necessary changes and move ahead.  If the situation is not of their doing, out of their control, a more positive perspective (that of thinking themselves happy) could (would?) return control over an important aspect of their life ~ ruling their emotions.
     The Bible tells us to walk by faith.  Not once, but four times.  The quality of life is a reflection of the quality and strength of our faith.
"If you fail under pressure, your faith is not very great."  (Proverbs 24:10)

"Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy.  For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.  So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything."  (James 1:2-4)

(This writing was inspired by chapters from "What to do on the Worst Day of Your Life" by Brian Zahnd)
    
    
Charlotte and Ginger host Spiritual Sundays.

5 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I
love
this!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Love this so much, I do try to "Think Myself Happy"... I may borrow this verse and thought someday....Then link it to you
kim

Sherri said...

Hi
I read your post today and I really needed it today. I lost my job this week so I have alot on my mind about how to move forward and do what I need to do.
Just wanted to you to know how timely your post was.

thanks
Sherri

KyAnn (like Cayenne Pepper, only HOTTER) said...

Amen squared.

Breathing In Grace said...

My goal this week is gonna be to think myself happy!!! Thanks for such an inspirational post!