I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Monday, August 02, 2010

Monday Morsels and an Award

Hey, y'all.  Hey.  Hey.
Guess what.  Go ahead and guess.  No.  Don't.
I'll tell you.
Nanny McPhee.
Nanny McPhee Returns.
In theaters on August 20.

I'm so excited.  I love Nanny McPhee.  She's the best since Mary Poppins!!

 

I really, really wish I knew who it was that leaves comments on my blog that I can't read.  They're only a bunch of squares and dots.  It sure has me curious.

How ironic is it that Grace and I have been sitting here listening to some sort of critter knocking around somewhere on the other side of the room, only to find out that it's one of Georgia's largest home-grown bugs (a roach) inside the box that our new Bug Whacker came in.  I've filled the box with a cloud of Raid and shut him up in there.  Surprise, Mister!  I hope this isn't any indication on how well the Whacker's going to work.

We're going with friends to see 'Inception' this afternoon. I'll let you know what I think....if you're interested.  I've heard it's a great sci-fi film.


Becky at Sueberry Lane has been so kind as to award me with an award.  I am so honored to be recognized.  Aren't awards fun?
The way this award works is like this:
1.
Thank the person who gave you the award.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2.
Tell 7 things about yourself.

  • Where Miss Sueberry Lane can wander around in a book store forever, mine is a drug store.  Have you ever just strolled around in one?  You can find some of the neatest things in there.

  • I am a hopeless romantic and sentimentalist.  Old letters, birthday cards, quick jotted notes.  They all bring back some really sweet memories.

  • Coffee, coffee, coffee.  Any kind.  Any temperature.  With or without fixins.

  • I have a weak spot in my heart for old retired veterans.  They such stories to tell.

  • I would really, really like to get a second tattoo.  I've been envious of my daughter's that she has on her foot.  It's sooo cool.

  • I'm a crack shot with my BB gun.  Ask the squirrels who try to invade my bird feeders.

  • I am a sucker for school-age kids trying to sell their annual gift wrap for their school fund raisers.
3.
Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs to share this award.


Go by and visit them.
Y'all have a wonderful Monday.  It's August already.



3 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Thanks for the award. You are awesome.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Thanks for the award, but I don't have 15 new blogs I visit. Shame on me right? I'm working on it, but also working on limiting my time sitting here at the computer!

Your blog is one of the new ones I like. Can I give you the award right back? Hm?

Have a sweet day!

Beth said...

Thanks for the award...so many great blogs to choose from!
Beth @ Two Monkeys & a Washtub