I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Meet Me on Monday (Aug 16 10)


Welcome to the 10th edition of "Meet Me On Monday!"
It's time for Java's Meet Me on Monday blog hop.

Questions:
1.
What is your favorite dessert?
Oh, I love me some cheesecake.  I'll eat it without any topping but I love it with fresh strawberries.  They've got to be fresh, though.  None of that sauce or jam stuff.

2.
What do you wear to bed?
Every year for Christmas I buy everybody matching pajamas.  Last year they were multi-colored striped pj's and that's pretty much what I've worn most recently.  And all the older pj's come out when it's cooler weather.  I love to wear oversized t-shirts but no bottoms.  We have sheets of that t-shirt material and the two combined makes it kind of like sleeping in velcros.


3.
Do you get regular manicures/pedicures?
No, no, no.  My fingernails are so tough that it takes forever to have a manicure done.  Sometimes they have to use a dremmel tool on them just to cut them.  And my feet are.......well, gosh awful.  So I keep them hidden.  I think the last manicure I had was for one of the girls' wedding.

4.
Did you play any sports in high school?
Back in the olden days girls just didn't get active in sports.  Cheerleading was the most any did.  One year we did sneak and have a tag powder-puff football game.  (I graduated from high school in 1969)

5.
 Do you have an iPod?
Surprise, Java.  But I don't have an iPod either.  The most technical thing I've got is one of the first MP3 players that came out.  I still use my Walk Man CD player.



8 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I graduated in '62 and the City of Atlanta schools had girls basketball. Back then the played half-court. Offence on one half and defense on the other half. GURLS!!!

Swati said...

My hubby loves cheesecake too :)

Have a great Week!

Loved reading your answers.
Have a great day!

http://dwivedi2326.blogspot.com/2010/08/blog-hopping-monday.html

Breathing In Grace said...

I love reading the answers to Java's questions...am really enjoying the one this week..."what do you wear to bed"..ha! ha!

thisamericantourist said...

I hear ya on the mani/pedis - where the rest of my family got brittle to manageable nails, I got stuck with the titanium claws, and I wouldn't wish those on anyone.

(And, of course, my other secret shame is that I'm a terrible nail biter. Which, on the one hand, it's an ugly habit. But on the other, I've never actually sliced someone with my killer fingers, so maybe it's alright in the end.)

Deidra said...

Sleeping in velcro! What an image...I love it!

the Chacogirl said...

Loved your answers! I finally checked out Java's questions on Sunday already, got there before rush hour! Cheesecake is delish with fresh strawberry sauce. Just had it on Saturday!

Rebecca said...

Hi Weezer!

I've always wanted to do the matching pajama thing. That looks so cute in the pictures. I still might do it yet. lol

Happy Monday!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Love your blog and can't wait to get to know you better. My feet are awful too - that's why I get pedicures!!!

I'm just become a follower ~ just couldn't resist getting to know someone named Weezer better!!!