I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Deep Questions ( Another TAG)

  If you're not really interested in reading all the words here, (and not everybody will) please go to the end of the post to see if I've tagged YOU.  If you're not interested in participating, leave me a comment and I'll pick someone else.  Okay?  I won't be offended.  It is a time-consuming under-taking.

Well, you guys. I've been TAGGED again.  This time from my friend Carol the Gardener.  And trying not to be someone who steps down from a challenge, I'm going to take on her 8 Deep Questions.  And guys, these folks can really come up with D E E P   Q U E S T I O N S.  But don't worry.  If you know anything about me, you know the answers aren't equally deep.  So, here I go. 

Peace.
World Peace.
Oh, I'm sorry.  For just a minute I thought I was running for Mrs. America.
On to the serious stuff.

1.  What do you think was the most important lesson your parents taught you?

 There's many life lessons parents pass on to their children and we just don't know it at the time..or appreciate it.  But I learned UNCONDITIONAL LOVE from my folks.  I really screwed up lots when I was growing up.  Everything from setting the backyard on fire (with my brother's help) to marrying the wrong man the first time around.  And through it all, they were right there.  I can't remember them ever telling me, "I told you so".  They let me learn my own lessons and were right there waiting for me, loving me all the time.


2.  Do you think you can be in love with more than one person?

I'm guessing you mean as in couple love-love.  I don't think so.  That's not the way God planned it.  One love + One love = a couple.
It is possible to love friends, family, your dog, the lady at the Walmart.  But it's a different love.  It's not an emotional, deep-in-the-heart love.  It's not a love that is binding for the rest of your life.  It's not that Unconditional Love.  There's no real commitment involved with that kind of love.  There's no pledge of forever and ever amen.
Does that make any sense?

3.  What is your favorite kind of music?
Who is your favorite singer?

It would probably be easier for me to tell you what I don't like in the way of music.  I listen to everything from Contemporary Christian to Classical.
I like acoustic guitar but don't like saxophone.
I like piano concertos but don't like chamber music.
My favorite singer?  I absolutely love Josh Groban.  What a cutie.  And he can sing McDonald commercials or the ABC song and I'd buy it.  What's not to love?




4.  What is your favorite memory of your Grandparents?

I have a special memory of each of my grandparents, but in particular I remember one from both my MaMaw and my PaPaw.  These were my mother's parents.  My MaMaw was one of the first scrapbookers.  When we would go to visit or stay with her, we kept scrapbooks.  One thing that we collected in our scrapbooks was match book covers.  I wish I knew where all those old scrapbooks went.
And with PaPaw, it was stamp collecting.  I still have my old stamp collecting album that he helped me start back in........long time ago.


5.  If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?

This question is similar to another question I answered in an earlier set so I'll give the same answer here.  "Definitely on a beach somewhere.  I love Tybee Island and St. Simons Island on the coast of Georgia." 
I'm just a beach kind of person.  I love the mountains, too, but I don't think I could take the cooler weather that much.  I love the warmer climate, actually the hotter the better for me.  I truly believe that I'm meant to live near the water.

6.  What is your favorite color?

Hmm.  This is a little harder.  It really depends on what I'm considering.  Being a redhead, I have to be careful about what hues of color I wear.  I really love pinks, light yellows, and peachy corals for my clothes.  I can't do reds unless it's a blue-red.  I wore a lot of green when I was growing up.  These days, though, I'll wear anything that makes me look thin.

7.  Why did you start blogging?

A little while back  my oldest daughter and her family moved up to Greenville, South Carolina from here in Augusta.  She had never lived more than a few miles from me.  My middle daughter started blogging about that time and we thought, all of us, that it would be a good way for us to keep up-to-date on what was going on with everybody.
It's wound up with me being the most active with my blog. I don't know exactly when she moved but I've been blogging since September 2006, off and on.  All the girls use Facebook to keep up with their friends. 
I like blogging where I can meet new folks.  It's been very therapeutic for me.  What had once been just a contact with the girls, then my journal, and now, it's my contact with the outside world pretty much.

8.  What is your favorite meal?

Hands down, a good bacon cheeseburger.  I love the Smokehouse Burger from Ruby Tuesdays.  But then again, who can resist pizza.  My favorite?  Pizza Hut Pan Pizza with Pepperoni, black olives, and onions.
Goodness.  I think I could eat either of them right now, even if it is 1:30 in the morning.

Okay.  I know there's lots of words here and I hope that if you spent the time reading it all, it was because you were really interested in more stuff about me.
Now I'm supposed to come up with eight people and eight questions of my own.

My questions:
1 and 2.  Did you grow up in the city you're currently living in?  If not, what brought you there?

3.  Do you know how to ride a bicycle and how long has it been since you've ridden one?

4.  Do you have any old, real records?  Of who?

5.  Do you prefer to write with a pencil or a pen?

6.  When was the last time you mailed a letter or card ( a real snail mail letter) to someone that wasn't related to a bill?

7.  Do you prefer McDonald's french fries or Burger King's french fries?

8.  Do you play a musical instrument?

TAG.
Beyond the Kitchen Window
Kat's Confessions
Nanny Kim
Everyday Rurality
Coffee Slut
The Pondering Princess
So Many Memories
The Chacogirl

There you have it.  All done.  That was fun.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Thank you Weezer. I appreciate you playing along with me. Josh Groban huh? never would have guessed that.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

My husband (the bald man I'm hugging to the right of this comment) and I were just talking about unconditional love. He has a damaged relationship with his son, and it hurts his heart. But what his son doesn't realize is that his dad loves him unconditionally. Whatever his son does, it doesn't damage my husband's love for him. Stuff gets in the way of their getting along, but the LOVE is always still there.

Does that make sense?

Annette said...

I enjoyed reading your answers and getting to know you a little more!! And since you tagged me, I'll attempt to answer your questions this coming week! Thanks for thinking of me. Oh and by the way, congrats on 100 followers!!!!

the Chacogirl said...

Thanks for tagging me! I'll try to post some answers in the coming week!