I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Strangers in the Night (Weird Saturday, part 2)

Someone asked me in an eMail after one of my recent posts about the cicada.  Well, dear blogger friends.  This is what they look like.
This is the hollow shell that's left afetr they've been out of the ground a few days.
And this is what they look like newly hatched.  Not so pretty to look at, but their music at night is glorious.  This is the stage that they're making all the noise.  And they do it with their wings.


And all the rest of the photos are of 'wildlife' found out in my little sanctuary I call the back yard.




5 comments:

Coffeypot said...

The spider, is that a White Widow?

Unknown said...

Wonderful weirdness indeed!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

yes beautiful photos. Love the sound of the cicadas? Not sure how to spell it.
kim

Erin Wallace said...

Love cicadas!

xo Erin

Karen Mortensen said...

Wow. Nature is awesome.