I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Meet Me on Monday (my #2)

Every Monday Java at Never Growing Old posts five 'get to know you' questions that you can copy and paste into your own Monday post and we can all learn a little more about each and every one of us!!


"Its a great way to to meet new friends and for others to get to know me better....one Monday at a time!!!"....as quoted by the Chacogirl!!
Questions:

1. What is your favorite sandwich?
Grilled cheese if I have some sweet pickles to go with it.  Or maybe tuna on toast if there are Fritos around.  Or maybe peanut butter and Jelly if there's some potato chips in the pantry and I have some Peter Pan extra-crunchy.  Those are my favorites and I couldn't decide which was the very most-est favorite.

2. What is stashed under your bed/mattress?
Oh, oh.  Now there's a deep dark secret.  Shoes, a box of nurse figurines that I've collected since I graduated from nursing school in 1991, extra purses, shoes, and my travel cosmetic bag.  Probably some dog hair.  Maybe a bird feather or two.

3. What is your favorite flower?
Pink carnations.  They say "I will never forget you".

4. What is your favorite magazine?
Somebody out there is going to be surprised by this.  But my answer is Sports Illustrated.  Then Guide Posts.  Then Prevention.  I subscribe to all of them.

5. How often do you weigh yourself?
That is an ugly horrible thing to do.  I don't do it anymore than I have to.  Like when I go to the doctor's office.  That's enough to keep me from making it a habit.  I prefer to go by how my clothes fit (or don't).  I'm a happier person doing it this way.


13 comments:

Java said...

I keep seeing how very much we are alike! (wink)

I love grilled cheese too...and with pickles on the side...and tuna with fritos sounds perfect! So does PBJ!

I am surprised at your magazine choice! I would have never guessed that!

Your probably more the norm when t comes to getting on the scale..that is something no one likes to do! I make sure I take off my shoes before I get weighed at the doctors! lol.

Breathing In Grace said...

I'm visiting from Never Growing Old's Meet Me on Monday...love your philosophy on weighing!!! Hope you have a blessed week!!!

Mark Paul said...

Loved the flo cartoon, it is so true.

Sports Illustrated, there's a zine, I haven't read since I was in high school.

Angie said...

Hmmm...feathers...dog hair, me too...

Karen Mortensen said...

These were cute. I love Maxine.

Unknown said...

My husband made us Grill Cheese the other day, lets just say we was fanning smoke out the front door for about 15 minutes.

nomo wino daph said...

Nice to meet you:)

I am a big grilled cheese w/pickles and cheese doritos girl:) just had one 2 nights ago {2 actually! LOL}

Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

Hi
thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment. I love the dragon flys you have on your blog! I love them. they are too cute.
Have a great monday

Audrey said...

LOVE the comic with answer #5! Too funny :)

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you! Thank you for helping me meet a milestone. Not sure how that happened. I've had other published blogs, but they never took off like this one has.

I noticed that you read the Left Behind series I have the entire collection in hard cover. They are truly awesome.

Following you back & looking forward to getting to know you.

Jessica Warrick said...

I love your answers im your newest follower.

Mary said...

LOVE Maxine! That's one smart cookie! :D

Jewel said...

For some reason, I am now hungry for grilled cheese. LOL. Enjoyed my visit. I came here through the Meet Me On Monday. I know, it's Thursday. haha.

Following now.

http://jewelzfrontporch.blogspot.com/

Jewel