I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Mom's surgery..update

Mom got back to the house yesterday afternoon about 4:00pm.  My first reaction was regret that I hadn't gone to the hospital and insisted that they keep her overnight.  She arrived very weakened, very pale, and very sedated.  I should have gone up there.  My folks have all the faith in the world that their doctors will do the right thing and don't even ask questions about what's going on.  I find that to be true of many patients and families.

Today I'm seeing much improvement.  She had a good night last night.  My Diddy and I changed shifts every four hours during the night, sleeping in the living room where she is having to stay.  With shoulder surgery, they insist that they sleep in a recliner or something that will allow them to sleep in a more upright position.
She's eating better today, more perky, and we're able to keep her pain under control.
I am so optimistic and encouraged by what I've seen from before surgery.  When she thinks she's having a bad time with all of this, all I have to do is remind her of how things have been for more years than we can remember.  This is wonderfully improved.
  If things continue to improve, I'll probably head home on Sunday.  I've got doctor appointments of my own next week that I need to keep.  I'll return here (Columbus) the end of next week.
I'm sure things would be fine without me, but the nurse and the daughter part of me won't let me stay away.  I worry about my Diddy as much as I worry about Mom.

Please continue to pray.
I thank God for so much.
Blessings to all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

prayers going up for the caretaker as well!

Ashley said...

glad to hear shes doing better. She sure has been in my thoughts! Give her my love, and thank you for the updates.

Angelia (Texas) said...

Praying for his healing touch on your mom. Praying comfort and peace to you.

Love to all,
Angelia

Deidra said...

It's been a while since I stopped by here. I'm glad to hear that your mom's surgery went well. Have you made it back home yet?