I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Monday, March 01, 2010

One thing leads to another

About my very short post from yesterday.  Let me offer some explanation.
We've been in this house for 23+ years.  Remember I said that I never wanted to move from this house?  Well, with staying here and raising the three girls here AND having had hamsters, fish, cats, an ailing (though very lovable) dog over all that time,  AND now grandchildren and another dog, things reach a point where they've just can't be shampooed, polished, cleaned, or vacuumed successfully anymore.  So.

We decided to paint the family room.  Well, after getting that done, the carpet looked gosh-awful!! (I don't know what we were thinking to put down light gray....almost white.....berber those many years ago.)  So while the furniture is all out of order and all the little knick-knacks and books are off the shelves, maybe we should go ahead and do something about the carpet.  And the carpet down the hall is the same nasty stuff so we should do that, too.  So off we go to look at carpet. (Thankfully, Mr. Smith did all the preliminary leg-work and I was able to assist with final selections.  God love him.  He's so good!)

So.  The room's painted.  The new carpet's down.  The room looks sooooo big.  We hate to put things back in there. Especially that old, old monster of an entertainment center with the dinosaur of a television.  You know.  We've got the money put back for a new TV for when that one dies.  We could go ahead and replace it and have something not so big.  So off we go (again he did the preliminary leg work) to look for a new TV.  So now the new TV is purchased but it won't fit on the old monster of an entertainment center.  Now we've got to have a new console/cabinet for the new TV.  Off we go to look for a new cabinet.

Now.  The room's painted.  The new carpet's down.  The new cabinet is in place with the TV on top.  But.  With the old entertainment center gone, there's no place for all my ages old knick knacks.  And we really need to get rid of some of those books.  And where do I go with the babies' toys?

That's where we are now.  I just go and stand in the middle of the room, wondering what I'm going to do next.  I need boxes.  Lots of them.  I need some bags.  Lots of them.  Something's got to go.

All that and I'm leaving on Thursday to go be with my Dad for a few days.  I'm really looking forward to that.  Maybe some little elf will come in and take care of finalizing things around here while I'm gone.

You think?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it funny how one things lead to another all right?!

Good for you. I am so in the mood to do some major purging in my home! I'm married to a pack rat, however, so I don't think I'll ever have space in my garage, laundry room or closets for a long, long while!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I sure know how this works, one thing to another. Don't you love the new TV's and the bigger room? I do. Thanks for your sweet comments, I just get tired and mummer sometimes, I am still thankful!
kim

Jessica said...

Reminds me of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie." It all snowballs.

At least I know it's not just me. And I can tell you firsthand that the room looks great so far! It's going to be fantastic!

iamNoOne said...

It so nice to have the time and money to overhaul your home for a better and nicer look. Good luck for that challenge ;)