I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Monday, February 08, 2010

Monday Morsels #5

Did you notice that last Monday's Morsels' photo wasn't three raccoons?  One of them was a cat.

Golfer Phil Mickelson is skipping a championship golf event so he can take his children on a vacation that was postponed when his wife was diagnosed with cancer. I knew he was a good guy and a great golfer.  This makes him a Super Dad in my book.

My favorite lunch:
2 slices of hard salami
2 tablespoons of pimento cheese OR 1 stick of string cheese
4 Ritz crackers
4 almond-stuffed olives
and my daily bottle of cranberry-apple Elations

"It is not how much we do,
buthow much love we put in the doing.
It is not how much we give,
but how much love we put in the giving."
--Mother Teresa

In England in 1946, married couples had to be married for a minimum of 3 years before they could file for a divorce.

71% of Americans believe in angels.  (January Guidepost)

J.D. Salinger, author of Cather in the Rye, died of natural causes on Wednesday, January 27.  He was 91.

Had my EMG with an ultra-sound on both hands.  Confirmed carpal tunnel in both.  Left is much worse than the right. Follow-up with my doctor on the 22d, I think.  Have you ever had an EMG?  It's really, really weird.  Kind of what I'd imagine being hit with a tazer feels like....almost.

My Diddy seems to being doing well.  Mom is giving him his antibiotics (Vancomycin) at home through a PICC line.  Isn't it strange that they give family members the responsibility of doing things at home that we spent 4 years learning how to do in the hospital.

The actress Brittany Murphy died of pneumonia and probably would have lived if she'd only gone to a doctor.  She died December 20th at the age of 32.  So sad.

An 11-year old New England girl (child) gave birth by C-section to a 5-pound baby girl.  She has a boy friend.  Details of the exact location are being kept secret for family privacy, though they've shown a photo of the baby on Fox News.




1 comments:

Unknown said...

an interesting array of morsels this morning. the last one left me very sad.