I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Monday, February 01, 2010

Monday Morsels #4

I can't believe it's February already.
What February brings:
++ EMG on both hands on the 3rd (tingling and numbness to my fingers);
++ my 59th birthday;
++ Dentist on the 8th;
++ Colonoscopy on the 9th (and you can guess what I'll be doing on the 8th after my dental appointment);
++ Neurosurgeon on the 22d.
My life is one exciting thing after another.  It's okay.  I can handle it.

Well, the teams have been declared for the 44th Super Bowl to be played on February 7.
The Indianapolis Colts and the New Orleans Saints
They're not my first pick.  Nor my second.  But it is what it is.  And having said that........I'm pulling for Peyton Manning and the Colts.

I have a friend that I have stayed in touch with over the years.  Since 5th grade, actually.  She lives in Missouri and I've lived in Georgia for years and years.  She and I met when my parents sent my brother and I to live with my grandparents in St. Louis during the Cuban Missile Crisis.  We go for long periods of time and don't correspond but I know that when we do talk again, it'll be like we've never been apart.
"Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends."
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr., author of Life's Little Instruction Book
We've enjoyed playing games as a family so much that we have started having Family Game Night every second Saturday of the month.  It's a great family activity and nice to be able to get everyone together without there being some special occasion.
Remember the song "We Are the World" that was done back in 1985?  It ws a collaboration of popular musicians.  It's being re-recorded with today's musicians and the proceeds will be sent to Haiti.

++++++++++++
There's an obituary in today's paper for a sweet little one-week old baby boy.  The family has asked that no photographs be taken at the church services.
++++++++++++
"If you don't worry about thngs until they happen, you'll save yourself a lot of misery, 'cause 90% of the things never happen."
--Andy Griffin to Goober (1967)

3 comments:

Robinsgothealth.com said...

Why worry, be happy :o) We are the world rings back memories, I was in the 8th grade, we sang and played it in choir. Bless Haiti & you. Blessings always

Thanks for sharing,
Robin

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Glad that you are having a full calendar :) all those check ups will be good to get done.
kim

Angelia (Texas) said...

Boy that's a LOT of Doctors appointments! Big hugs girl! When is your special day??? I don't want to miss wishing a good one.
:-)

I like the family game night idea. I am going to share that with Jason's mom. She would LOVE that. She loves seeing her kids and grandkids but always waits for birthdays.

My dad LOVED raccoons this pic brings back memories. He found two babies in the trash at the park. He took pictures of them and treasured those. A park ranger set them free.