I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Time Capsule - March 1953

Remember when I found all those old Reader's Digests?  They're so addictive.  Yesterday I started putting them into a new box and I spent hours going through them.
What's amazing to me is that so much of the information and ads in them are still applicable today.
As a kid I can rmember my mother struggling to get into a girdle.  They weren't made of the light-weight material that's used today for our undergarments.  Some of them were made of rubber.  RUBBER!
$29.95

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember Anacin!

Jessica said...

Oh, gracious. Rubber girdles? Man. I'd feel like I was supposed to be scuba diving.

Angelia said...

For some reason I have a memory of Anacin being in a small tin can. Is that possible?

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Love the time capsule, yes we have changed a lot since, good and bad?
kim