I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pray for Haiti

I saw on the Weather Channel that Haiti was hit by a 7.0 earthquake.  The center was just 10 miles from the capital city of Port-au-Prince.
A Red Cross spokesperson said that the news coming out of Haiti  is 'very depressing' and 'not good'.  The last account I heard was that they thought that a hospital had collapsed.
The people of Haiti had no warning.  Please pray for the victims and their families.  I'm afraid this is going to bad news for a long time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had no idea (hadn't turned the radio on yet this morning). Thanks for the information. May God have mercy!

Jessica said...

Isn't it awful? My advisor at Berry worked very closely with the people of Haiti for all of her research, and I've been thinking about her as I've heard all that they're saying. I know her heart is breaking.

Angelia (Texas) said...

I worked very closely with a man from Haiti. I flew many important people to Dallas for fundraisers to help with medical aid there. My heart just grieves for those precious people. May God's Mercy reign.