Okay. Polly has her Monday Musings and Michelle has her Monday Mumbles and I look forward to each of them each Monday morning. Well, I keep thinking that I have........something. I've been searching for just the right alliteration for it. So here it is.........Weezer's Monday Morsels.
They're just little ideas that come into my head that really aren't important enough to build a whole blog around. And I've said before, "I think things".
1. I lost two pounds today. Then I got showered and dressed and gained three pounds.
2. Am I the only one who hates to fold and put clothes away? I don't mind washing them. Don't mind dumping them into the dryer. I can even tolerate putting some of them on the hangers out of the dryer. But I HATE TO FOLD CLOTHES! And there's just me and my husband. I don't know how I managed to get any of it done when the girls were still at home.
3. I don't like cold weather. Now when I say 'cold' I mean anything below 60 degrees, so you can well imagine how I've been suffering the past week or so. My blood turns to sludge and settles in my lower extremities so that I can barely muster up the energy to get off the sofa. All I want to do is sleep.
4. I've been by myself much of today. It's been nice. Mr. Smith has had meetings and lessons and visits today so I've had the day. I don't mind being by myself at all and I'm getting used to both of us being home so much 'together'. (That's called retirement.) I like 'me' and enjoy my company. I get more done when he's gone. Not that he keeps me from doing things around here when he's here, it's just that I'm more motivated on my own, I guess.
5. I went to church yesterday and got many badly needed hugs. I attend a Methodist (contemporary service) church that is small but ever-growing. All my children attend this same church. Jessica spoke and I was moved to tears....again. Lately, that's been happening a lot in church. God's trying to tell me something, I'm sure, but I just haven't figured it out. I'll just keep listening.
6. I found out that an old male friend from high school (40+ years ago) has been reading my blog from time to time. That felt good. I didn't know until he sent me an eMail telling me so. I don't know how he found me here but I'm glad he did.
7. Little Leah had her first birthday party on Saturday with a lot of family and church friends present. She was very lovely in her little ballet socks and skirt. So cute! I'm sure she didn't have a clue that all those people were there to celebrate her.
8. I was afraid that today would be a blue and lonely day. (See my post about Sadie.) It hasn't been too bad. Maybe the hole in my heart is finally starting to heal. Yesterday was much worse. I kept thinking about how the day a year ago had turned so horribly bad and painful.
9. Oh. I woke from a really, really strange dream the other night to find that the 'spell' (seizure-like) I was having in my dream was real. I haven't had one in several weeks so it was a bit disappointing that I'd have one in my sleep.
That's it for today. See you tomorrow.