I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm back


Well, the trip didn't go as we'd planned but I'm home.  Tired and trying to catch up on things, but back nonetheless.  We had planned to come home on Monday but so much for plans.  The reason for the trip over to Columbus was for my mother's 80th birthday and also for a dedication ceremony at the new Infantry Museum at Fort Benning.  My mother, father, and brother as well as a good family friend were all having 'pavers' dedicated at the ceremony.
Before we left the motel for the ceremony on Monday, I got a call from my mother that my dad was ill and that neither of them would be able to go to the fort.  This was something (the ceremony, not my dad's illness) that my mother had especially had been looking forward to.  My youngest daughter had gone to Columbus from Aiken SC with her husband and baby to be there for the ceremony.  My oldest daughter and granddaughter had driven down from Greenville SC.  We went on to the fort without the folks, all the while my mind was on my dad and his not feeling well.
Long story short:  My dad was VERY ill (nausea, a temperature of 104, not able to bear weight to his legs, not communicating except in grunts and single syllables, and my brother and I weren't able to get him out of bed at all)  and after trying to manage him that afternoon, I called 911 and got an ambulance for him to get him to the hospital.  That's where he still is and will probably be there through the week, if not longer.  My husband came on home with the Aiken daughter and I stayed over until yesterday afternoon.  What I know about my dad's condition is that he has a 'germ' in his spine and the infection disease people are trying to isolate the origin.  He has arthritis in his back and pain in his lower back.  I could tell at the house that he was hurting somewhere but he couldn't communicate to tell us.
So.........I'm taking it day by day and will decide at some point if I need to go back over.
I've got pictures to download to share with you so you'll know about the pavers and the celebration.  It was all pretty impressive.
Today I've been to the doctor myself and had several hours with Ashley Marie while Pregnant Daughter went to the doctor herself.
I'm tired and trying to get back to my routine.  Stay with me.  Thanks for checking in here.  I've missed all of you.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Weezer. I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I pray he is in good hands and that the Lord's healing power be expressed by the doctors, nurses and other health care professionals taking care of him. May our Lord also provide comfort for your mom as you await news of the cause. May God bless you all.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Glad to see u back, hope your father gets better, glad u got to go to the ceremony. Sounds great
kim

Jessica said...

It's good to have you back, Mom. I've missed more than just your posts. We're still going to try to come by this afternoon if I can get the pot roast out of Leah's hair and myself out of my PJs. =) Rainy days are a bummer.

Audra said...

I'm so sorry you have to go through this hard time. I'm praying for you!

Angelia (Texas) said...

Oh gosh! So scary!! Poor Dad. I'll be thinking and praying the docs fix him up. Hang in there!

Mom said...

As of today (Thursday) it looks like we are in for a long stay in the hospital. Still not sure just what they are fighting. Hope all of this hasn't been too much for you and causes you more of your spells from stress! I will be looking forward to a cd of birthday and dedication pictures.

sanjeet said...

May our Lord also provide comfort for your mom as you await news of the cause. May God bless you all.

Work from home India