I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Monday, January 04, 2010

I think things


I really do.  And in my head they sound pretty good.  Then I start wondering if that thought was really my own of if I read it somewhere or if I heard someone else say it before I added it to my thought bank.


Today I've been reading through one blog after another when I've had the chance and I've found other thoughts in them that I've had.  Then I think that I should have written it down when I had that thought or I should have told someone else about it. 

For example, when I took all these cloud pictures the other day, it went through my mind that I wondered if God knew that I would like looking UP at the sky so much.  Reading Jessica's blog I had had some of the same thoughts that she expressed but at the time I didn't know how to put them into words that I thought anyone would be willing to listen to or even find interesting.  Now I wonder......what if no one wanted to listen?  So what?  They're my thoughts and God gave them to me.  He hears them before anyone else does.

As long as they're pure thoughts that don't do harm to anyone, what does it matter?

In a bit more than a month I'll be having my 59th birthday.  Not really old yet, but getting on up there.  I've lived things that I don't even remember and remember things that I think that I might have lived.  I want to live the rest of my life to the very fullest I can.  I've been slowed by things in the past few years that weren't in my control and I think I've made the best of it.  Things haven't gone exactly as I planned but I've got to think that things have gone as God planned.  I don't question anymore.  Just go with the flow.  Control and change the things you can.  (Ahem!  Like quitting smoking.)  There's going to be plenty of things from here on out that you're not going to have any control over. 
So as the clouds overhead go whizzing by, so do the years.  I don't have any control over how the currents move the clouds but I do have control over how some things go whizzing through my life.  They might affect today; they might not.  It's all going to depend on how I look at them and react.  How I think about them when the time comes.
So rather than make a long list of New Year's Resolutions, which I never think about making much less keeping, I'm just going to make a pledge to myself that I'm going to be nice to me.  I'm going to like my thoughts and just think that everyone else will, too. 

That's it.  That's all I have right now.  Good or bad.  Right or wrong.  Interesting or boring.  That's what I've got to offer for today.  I hope it's a good day for you. I really do.  I'm going to do my best to make it a good one for myself.

3 comments:

Angelia (Texas) said...

Being nice to yourself is a VERY nice thought for the new year. I am listening and I agree whole heartedly. :-)

The pictures are very peaceful. :-)

Jessica said...

GOOD FOR YOU! I think that's wonderful. Go, MA!

Jessica said...

Oh, and about the sleep issues we're having.....they're normal enough that this Sleep Lady has made a career out of helping families with them. And the issues in the book - the specific families she writes about - are way worse than anything Leah's done yet.