I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

"When We Were Little" Wednesday


I've been able to reactivate my scrapbooking hobby and goodness knows, I've got much to catch up on.  Saying that, I'm reacquainting myself with boxes and envelopes of photographs.  Once they were all printed out and stashed by date in boxes marked holidays, Jessica, Ashley, Angelia, colleges, etc.  Now I've not only got the printed photos but also digital photos stashed away in folders on not this computer, but the one I've inherited for my scrapbooking.  And in going through these photos, I found this one of my daughter, Ashley.

She was a senior in high school and for a reason we've never been able to comprehend, she was voted 'Quietest' by her class.  In finding this, I remembered a time when I, too, was voted as a superior by my classmates and was able to wear a crown.

It was Valentine's Day.  1962.  Baumholder, Germany.  I was 11 years old and my class voted me Valentine Queen.  That would be the first of two (yes, TWO!) times when I would be voted a Valentine spectacular.

And you know.  For fear of sounding like the Delta Burke character on Designing Women, I still have that crown.  Complete with the original paper clip.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's amazing that you still have your crown! What a wonderful time capsule!

Jessica said...

Ha! Delta Burke! Now, if you have a housekeeper named Consuela and a pig named....hold on....what was the pig's name? Can't remember....but if you have those two, THAT'S what would seal the deal of your Suzanne-ness. =)

How did I forget Ashley was voted Quietest? You're right....I don't understand that one. Maybe she's like us, after all - quiet around people she's not close with, but when you get to know her.......jiminy! =)

If you're reading this, Atty, I hope that doesn't offend you. =)

Beccalynn said...

Germany???