I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Claymation: Carol of the Bells

I've always loved the claymation features though the first ones were a bit rough looking back.  Remember Pokey and Gumby?  They ran back in mid 50s and early 60s. 
But this one has always been a season favorite of mine.  I hope you enjoy this little bit of Christmas cheer....and humor.  Smile!

A little ClayMation history
My most favorite claymation movie of all time is the original Jason and the Argonauts (1963).  Really?  1963?
The California Raisins in a TV commercial - 1986
Nightmare Before Christmas - 1993
James and the Giant Peach - 1996
The Incredible Adventures of Wallace & Gromit in 2000
There's been many, many more.  Definitely an improvement from the oldest cartoons and animations.

Disclaimer:  Polly over at 5thsister posted a claymation item and I just wanted to let her know that I had this scheduled to post before I saw your.  Great minds running on the same track, huh, Polly?  When you've watched this here, go see Polly's 'We Three Kings'.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't that funny how that happens? Great minds do think alike!