I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Tuesdays with Leah


A few weeks back I offered to drive out to Appling to take care of Leah while Jessica and Scott went to their bible study on Tuesdays.  At that time, Leah was experiencing terrible terrors or upsets when she was put in the car seat to travel home....in the dark.  All it took was moving her toward the backseat of the car and she would start a cry that broke my heart.  I couldn't stand it.  So doing as any self-sacrificing Weezer (aka grandmother) would do, I offered to drive out and take care of Leah.  That way they wouldn't have to take her out, consequently having to put her into that darn ol' car seat to drive home in the dark.  Sp that's what I've done for the past weeks.  And let me tell you, I've loved doing it. 

This evening the sky was beautiful as I made the drive out to Appling.  I don't mind the drive at all and look forward to it almost (repeat, 'almost') as much as the task I'm on my way to. 
      This evening, I was running a little later than I normally do.  Instead of bible study both Jessica and Scott had meetings to go to.  I missed getting to feed Leah her supper but I don't blame Jessica.  Who wants to tell an almost-10 month old that she can't have her supper until Weezer gets there. 
     This evening we played, we sang, we watched cows on TV, we read a story.  Then had some yogurt and a bath.  By the time Jessica got home, Leah was ready for her bottle and to be cuddled, ready for bedtime.  It's a tough job.




0 comments: