I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Sunday, November 08, 2009

No Smoking ~ Day #4


Today was a pretty good day.  I took the first of my pills first off this morning but I think I figure out how they work.  They make you feel so nauseous that you don't want to put anything in your mouth!!  I finally had to have something so I ate a banana and a slim jim.  Yeah, I know.  Probably not the best choices but that's what I had a taste for. 
I was outside a good bit, going to my granddaughter's first birthday party.  It was held outside at a park so being outside was a plus for me.  I was able to pace when I felt antsy and taking pictures (about 300) of the party kept me occupied.
The downer was that when I got home, for whatever reason, I just couldn't hold my eyes open.  I finally went to sleep and slept for three hours.  I don't know if it was from the activities of the morning, the poor dietary selection, or the monsters that I'm battling.  Maybe a culmination of them all.
Someone commented on my Day 3 post that when they had quit that they drank lots of water.  I'm finding that that really does help.  And I've got some carrot/orange juice mix that seems to work well, too. 
Without going into much detail, I can tell that my body is starting to purge the nicotine toxins. 
I must admit, too, that 4 days without a cigarette feels pretty darn good!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are doing so well! I found that avoiding the activities when you would normally want to smoke is beneficial as well.

Take care!

Angelia Sims said...

Yay! If it's any incentive...it still feels good almost four YEARS later!

Jessica said...

I'm so proud of you! Going back and reading these now, it's sad that I wasn't here to encourage you then....but it's awesome that you've come so far since you wrote this! How incredible, and what a powerful way for you to be able to look back and see what God's doing.