I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Monday, November 16, 2009

A conversation.....

Highway 96;
Somewhere between Butler and Columbus.

Blue, flashing lights in my rear-view mirror;
Sherifff, in uniform, complete with badge.

Mr. Sheriff Guy:  "What's the rush?"

Driver Me:  "Was I speeding?"

Mr. Sheriff Guy:  "Yes, ma'am."

Driver Me:  "Really?  What's the speed limit?  I thought it was 65."

Mr. Sheriff Guy:  "Yes, ma'am.  It's 65.  Maybe it wasn't you."

Driver Me:  Raising my left hand to swear an oath. 
                     "I promise you I wasn't speeding.  I saw you and looked down to check."

Mr. Sheriff Guy:  "Yes, ma'am.  Well, Okay. It  probably wasn't you.  Be careful now."
                                                               ********
From Driver Me:  Thank you, Mr. Sheriff Guy.  You were very nice and pleasant.  And I promise you, I wasn't speeding. I never ever got weak-kneed.  My heart didn't race.  And believe me, if I'd been guilty, I wouldn't have been able to put a whole sentence together.  And I probably would have cried. But in all reality, did you really think that that 1991 Geo Prizm would be able to go over 65?

5 comments:

Angelia said...

Holey Moley, Mom!
I just read this in awe!
Mom getting a speeding ticket?
NO WAY!
Glad you didn't get one.
This was absolutley hysterical.
Seriously, I'm glad you didn't get a ticket.

Angelia Sims said...

I would never be able to pull that off. Even if I wasn't speeding, I would have still gone all nervous.

Wow!

Beccalynn said...

That's so funny! At least the cop owned up to his mistake!

Beccalynn said...

How's it been without cigarettes lately? I haven't seen a post from you about it in a while.

Jessica said...

SO HYSTERICAL! Scott and I are absolutely cracking up over here. can't wait to hear you tell that one in person.