I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Introducing Ashley Marie


Born November 6 at 12:33pm
7 pounds 13 ounces
20 inches long

It wasn't what Ashley wanted, but they induced her because of her blood pressure. She had had a doctor's appointment at 11:00 on Nov 5 and her blood pressure was a bit high. They first said that they wanted her to go home, get some lunch, rest, and come back at 2:00. Before we could get lunch eaten, the doctor called and said that they had decided to go ahead and send her on the the hospital. She was due on Nov 15 and it really wasn't all that early. I think that Ashley and Mark were ready for that little baby girl to get here and join them in their little family.


I was with them in the final hours of the labor and Ashley was the most amazing thing. She never grunted, never complained, and never even broke a sweat all during the labor.


Ashley Marie is now 2 weeks old. She has grown so much. And I see changes in her every day. She and her mom have come to the house most week days since her birth and it has been such a great joy to have them here. What a sense of joy and pride I have at watching my baby learn to take care of HER baby. Ashley is a wonderful mother. She has grown in sensitivity that I never expected of her. She was always our tough child.


There's something very special about watching your own child as she grows and becomes a mother. I've seen such an enchanting transformation in my daughter. I am so proud of what she has become and so proud of myself in the part I played in her growth.





0 comments: