I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th! Wish you were here!




Last evening we (Ashley and Mark, Jessica and Scott, and Dad and I) went out to the fort for the annual fireworks display. It was great except for the last of grand finale and the feeling that somehow something went wrong. It was all over and we didn't have that feeling of 'WOW!'. All in all, it was great to be there in the midst of all those people (though I don't usually like being in a large group of people) who enjoy and share the freedoms that this country allows. Growing up in a military family, then working for the Army, and marrying into the army environment, it gives me chills and a huge sense of pride being a part of that.
This evening all my family that is here will be coming for supper. I'm grilling my honey-mustard chicken like I used to fix when I had the old grill. There will be all the extras to go with it. It will be wonderful to have everyone here.
Angelia, Larry, Shelby. Granny and Grandpa. Wish you were here with us. Then it would be perfect!

0 comments: