I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Friday, September 01, 2006

The price of family

How truly blessed I am! I've reached that point in my life where all three of my wonderful, beautiful daughters are out on their own. All married. And miraculously, they all seem to be happy. When the girls were younger, they all noticed that our family wasn't like others. We had all the traditional elements of 'family'.......a mom, a dad, children, pets, grandparents that visited from time to time. And we ALL had to work to maintain that family cell. They were never told it was easy. They were never told that they'd like it all the time. But they were told thatTHAT was the way it was SUPPOSED to be. And we were not normal in the eyes of a lot of their friends. But today, I see the fruits of maintaining that 'abnormal' family cell. As they each form their own family, laying the foundation for the future, I see things now in them that they didn't like when they were younger. I feel like I've done what I was supposed to do. I can sit back, watch them, and smile. But stay close just in case they need me.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay! You have a blog! How cool! My mom's the coolest. =) And what a sweet post! Love you!

Jessica said...

Where's Ma?